Broke Stampers Unite Weekly Challenge

Welcome to another episode of  Broke Stampers Unite Weekly Challenge. This weeks topic is Inlay Technique.I had been seeing others do this occasionally and found it a really cool effect.  I played around a bit with it and watched a video. Basically you are die cutting out the image with a framelit or thinlit style die and replacing it or" inlaying it" with another cut of the same die usually in a different color but not always. In  the case of my tries I did the leaves in the green card below by cutting the die out of the Mossy Meadow card stock and then replaced them with leaves stamped in the coordinating stamps on white card stock and die cut with the same die. Hence the "inlay" technique. I also, on this card, cut out the Thankful from the green and replaced it with a white version of the same cut. So instead of it sitting or layering on top of the green card layer it is inlaid into the green layer. 
( I used Lighthearted Leaves and the coordinating Leaflit framelits dies)

Now in this next card I cut the butterfly shape out of the Melon Mambo base and added a piece of designer series paper to the back of the open space. I then cut out the butterfly again in Mint Macaron glued it in the spot on top of the DSP yet inlaid into the Melon Mambo. I added some bling and a lil sparkle and there ya have it. I fun lil Birthday note sized card. 


I hope you've enjoyed this weeks choice of techniques. I know I learned something and got to challenge myself to try something I haven't done before. Now go forth and give it a try. Don't forget to check out my friend Terri's blog and see what she came up with this week for this technique. Thank You for stopping by and hope you have a great day. Besure to check back as I am also challenging myself to a daily blog post of my stamping creations. 

1 comment:

  1. I like how we both used the leaf set & got 2 totally different looks from it. Great job on both of your cards! Glad this challenge is over, onto the next!

    ReplyDelete