BSU030517


Hello and welcome to this weeks Broke Stampers Unite Challenge. This week our Theme is EASTER! Yes, can you believe it's just around the corner? I do wish everyone a very Happy Easter. Mine will be a pretty quiet one, not much happening around here. But I do know that many do family gatherings so if you are one of those then Enjoy your family time. 

Now to get to this weeks card. I am pretty shy on Easter style sets. The ones I do have are retired ones so this was sort of a challenge for me in that I had limited resources. BUT, I did manage to go with a floral style. I Started with Butterfly Basics stamp set. I stamped the base layer in a combination of Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizzazz inks. I inked my stamp in the DD first and then the PP and it gave a nice veragated look. gives it a lil depth and character I think. I then stamped the flower group image in Basic Gray ink on a scrap piece of Whisper White and fussy cut the image out. I colored it in using Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight, Soft Sky and a bit of Wild Wasabi Stampin' Write Markers. It made it quick and simple. (I really like simple)! LOL 
I then centered it on the card using some Stampin' Dimensionals. I added a little ribbon tie with some retired DD cotton ribbon. This I have to say is one of my favorite ribbons and I sure do hope they bring it back soon. (a girl can dream) I finished by stamping my sentiment in Tempting Turquiose on some Whisper White and snipping the right edge with a a pair of snips. Yes I have the Banner Tripple punch but well I didn't use it but you totally could. LOL I then layered it all on a base of Daffodil Delight card stock and Voila done! 
Easy....Simple....Clean. 
Just how I like it. 

Now hop on over to Stace's Blog Here and Terri's Blog Here to see what they came up with this week. 

Have a great week everyone. Stay tuned over the next six weeks or so as the yearly retired list comes out followed by the New Annual Catalog. This is such an exciting time of the year. Also coming up will be our Annual Virtual Convention for us long time stampers that don't get the pleasure of making it to Stampin' Up's Big convention. What does that mean??? It means lots of stamping and blog postings besides just our weekly BSU posts. Thank You so much for coming by......take care. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment