Color


Today I was cleaning up the stamp room and when I got done I sat down at my nice clean work station and grabbed up a few colors. I had seen a card recently that was made by applying ink directly to the block then stamping the block on the paper for a background. In this case I grabbed my Stampin' Write markers in Island Indigo, Bermuda Bay and Pool Party. I then scribbled the clear stamp block with each color in an ombre' effect. I then stamped the dragonfly in each of the three ink pads of the same colors and fussy cut them out. I wrapped some silver cording..(long retired but I love it) and when I finished I had intentions of layering it all on a card base of Bermuda Bay. But this color combo just made me sit back and say WOW! that's such a pretty combo. So right away I needed to take a photo....all the elements were right there so I staged up my photo and was pretty happy with it. It wasn't until I posted it that I realized I forgot to put the card base on. Oh well it still looks great right? I love it when I can laugh at myself, and now you can laugh with me.
    
     I'm jiving on this color combo so much I decided the blog needed a change up so I set out and viola....after a couple hours..... new blog colors. I have a lil tweaking to do yet, I do this so infrequently that I have to learn it all over again when I change it. ANYWAY...that's my take on color for today. I love when I get inspired by it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment