BSU121416



Ok this will be quick because things are crazy at my house. This weeks BSU topic is Technique and we thought it would be fun to have us all do a sketch! I used to use sketches all the time but have gotten lazy about using them. I think it's a great way to remind you to make a well rounded layout instead of just slapping an image on the front adding some ribbon or stones and bam...done! (I'm totally guilty of this). It also helps you get out of the same ole same ole. So....here's what I did.....

I started with a base of Marina Mist. Then a layer of Whisper White, added some Pink Pirouette strips in the proper places. I used some framelits to cut my scalloped circle in Marina Mist and then my standard 2.5 circle in Whisper White. I stamped the horse image from Carousel Birthday out of the new and up coming Occassions Catalog...(available Jan 4th) and I colored it in a bit using an aqua painter and real light water....not too wet because I stamped my image in crumb cake and too much water will wipe away the image. So just carefully dab your color in. I finished the coloring with a bit of the clear wink of Stella to give it a bit of shimmering sparkle that the camera just can't pick up. Trust me it's pretty. I did stamp the scroll image on my two small strips to add interest and stuck it all down. I used dimensionals behind my scallop circle layer. I finished off with some rhinestone jewels because bling is ALWAYS better right???

Hope you have enjoyed this weeks card. Try the sketch out and play along with us. Post it to our Facebook page under this weeks date.

Now go see what Terri's been up to HERE and Stace's HERE. Have a great week everyone. MERRY CHRISTMAS, and THANK YOU for stopping by.

0 comments:

Post a Comment