BSU041316


Hello.....it's Wednesday!!!! Yaaaaaay. Hope everyone is doing great! This weeks post topic is Technique. How many are familiar with Baby Wipe Technique? I did some research and there are a couple ways to do this. One is where you put drops of ink from your reinker on a baby wipe and then stamp your stamp into it, like you would a stamp pad. This gives you a variegated rainbow look to your stamped image. I tried this with a balloon stamp and well I need more practice. LOL I then noticed that others were folding their baby wipe and then applying a few drops of coordinated inks and then swipe the baby wipe across their card stock multiple times. As you can see above I had better success with that option.  :)   I used pacific point, cherry cobbler and crushed curry reinkers. Remember red and blue make purple lol. I managed to blend my colors together pretty well while trying to perfect this effect. Not on purpose mind you, but this was one of my end results.  The cool thing about this technique is that your results are quite different each time.  So, after I made my background and set it aside for a while to let it dry. I then stamped my tree image from Thoughts and Prayers in basic black over the background. I layered it in island indigo and then onto crushed curry card base.  I added a bit of retired lost lagoon bakers twine to finish it off.

So there ya go....! Now go try this technique yourself if you haven't.  But first hop on over to Terr's Blog HERE and Stace's Blog HERE to see what they came up with this week.  Don't forget to check out our Facebook page at Broke Stampers Unite Challenges

Thanks So Much for visiting.....have a great week.

--
******Carol*****
marcospolo67.blogspot.com

If you want to set up a monthly stamp kit try Paper Pumpkin out for a month or three and see how you can make great projects each month.

0 comments:

Post a Comment